Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Craft quest: Cobweb crochet shawl - picot edge and all


The cobweb crochet shawl is done!! It is very pretty, although it has been made with a very simple pattern. I finished it up with a picot edge and I was careful to see that the edges lined up perfectly into a very neat rectangle. I was glad to put the final stitch into it.

Now, I have another finisher, upper.!! This is a rug that I started awhile ago. It actually is more like a blanket. I am not yet sure what it will be as its character may still be altered. Right now it is quite huge, but I still have about 2/3 balls of yarn left over that I intend to use on it. The kids just love the feel of the yarn and so do I - the yarn is Bernat velour. It really feels so soft and cuddly. That is why I feel I may make it into a blanket instead, by adding a nice satin backing to it. I wish I could publish the whole picture, but I am using the scanner to publish these pictures for now. I loathe having to go and buy another digital camera. This one that fell and won't work for me anymore cost a pretty packet.

Anyway, here is another picture of a crochet dress that I made earlier. This reminds me - the very first crochet dress I made was when I was sixteen - many, many, many years ago and I used to wear it with so much pride. It had a red skirt and the top was white with long sleeves that were red at the top and white the rest of the way down to the wrists. I had lined it with red material on the top and white under the skirt so the pattern was very striking. I would love to make it again for my daughter - but today's fashion will not prompt her to wear it.... so I must evolve instead.

No comments: