Monday, April 10, 2006

The wedding dress








Well, I have not quite finished the shawl. I am doing the finishing touches though, a picot edge which needs only a teeny weeny bit more.

So, I thought, let me show you the wedding dress that I made. It is up for sale on my website and my daughter is showing it off. It took me a month but it was so worth it. It looks gorgeous. The pictures do not do it justice. I am thinking of making a matching bolero to go with it.

Everyday, for the next few days, I will publish other items that I have made. Most often, I follow my own heart, when fashioning a design. I want to start writing down the pattern so I can share. I must remind myself in future, to make notes as I work. My first love will always be crochet. When I knit, I mostly use the machines and very often, my garments are a knit/crochet combo of some sort.

More in my ramblings tomorrow.

No comments: